"Life is an echo—what you give out comes back."
- Location: Haleakala Volcano
- Name: Maui - Hawaii
- Starting Date: July 1, 2015
- IRC Channel: #Nerv_Hawaii
The year is 2015. Fifteen years ago on January 23rd, there was a catastrophic event that changed the world forever and became known as the Second Impact. Specifics around the event itself are unknown, but a giant explosion radiated out from the Antarctic and vaporized nearly half the continent and turned the sea a deep crimson red. Earthquakes, tsunamis and other natural disasters rocked the world, killing millions upon millions of people. Tectonic activity remained high from that point out, tremors and earthquakes shook cities and oceans weekly, volcanic activity rose, and tsunamis were a constant threat for certain parts of the world. But life went on, civilization recovered and rebuilt. Studying the remains of what was left in the explosion led to an incredible surge in technology in the world, though everything was kept secret from any prying eyes other than top government officials. Advancements in robotics, computing, healthcare, weapons, genetics, and pure energy were made by leaps and bounds while things like robot butlers, augmented and virtual reality became commonplace. Other than red water, life seemed to have improved for most people.
Then the day came peace was broken. The world was attack by a being that could only be alien in nature. It was enormous, towering over skyscrapers, repelled any sort of human weaponry. Tanks, jets, missiles, were all useless. Thousands died in the first hours of contact with the being. Only when another being like it appeared and they fought was it defeated, the victorious defender disappearing soon afterwards. News and rumors circled around the two creatures. What were they? Why did they fight? Where did they come from and what did they want? Was it a government science experiment gone wrong? Did it come from outer space or was it always on earth? Conspiracies were linked to everything from the Second Impact to Godzilla, Elvis and JFK. There are even conspiracies involving blurry photographs and a video of another giant creature walking through Serbia, or was it the same one?
Life on the island is fairly standard and unchanged from the second impact. Maui was always known as a great place to surf, and now with more seismic activity the waves were even larger. Weekly tremors would shake houses, but most buildings were retrofitted with equipment to keep any impact to a minimum, some not even noticing the shaking anymore. While tourism was down in the area, local businesses seemed to boom, the city of Kahului growing even larger.
The pilots live in a small villa located several miles from the Volcano towards Kahului. It is a private property with no other housing within a mile of it and a beautiful view off towards the ocean. The main house itself consists of two floors, numerous bedrooms, bathrooms, a large kitchen and dining hall, a games room, pool, sauna, hot tub, tennis court and a guest house with its own numerous amenities. In the basement of the house is a shuttle that reaches incredible speeds to take the pilots to the base almost instantly if need be. The house is full of art, vases, sculptures that all are representative of historic Hawaiian history and culture, though each pilot is free to decorate their own room as they please. Every morning they are shuttled away in a black armoured SUV to school in Kahului where they attend with all the other children of the city and attempt to live a somewhat normal, albeit secretive life. The house is tended to by PAM, their robotic maid, and though not seen, is always under guard by the protection of a Section II agent.
The Pilots attend MIAGYA, the Maui International Academy for Gifted Young Adults. All have been chosen and transferred there for one reason or another, their families even immigrated with them if need be, all at the cost of the Academy. It is a privately funded, well secured and highly decorated school, albeit small.
|Operations Director||Description||Backup Pilot||Description|
Character Name: Captain Elle Frost
Character Name: Astrid Noomi
Character Name: Kaimana Opunui
Character Name: Stella Lacroix
Character Name: Leon Winters
Character Name: []
Erika Jackson / Brigadier General
Character Name: 
Age: (DoB: MM/DD/YYYY)
- Commander – Nigel Steel: Tall, fit, bald. Wears a pair of half lens glasses. Generally stern looking, when seen prowling about tests and missions.
- Vicecommander – Oscar Backus: A big native Hawaiian man. Muscled, well-kept and disciplined. For the most part, he is in charge of all operations at the headquarters.
- Operations Director – Captain Elle Frost: A blonde, well-toned woman. She keeps her hair cropped short, wears suits despite the heat, sweet and caring but is sure to discipline in an instant.
- Head of Security – Roberta Kharlamova: A beast of a woman. Tall, broad, muscled, and wears a scowl that would make a bear whimper.
- Head of Science – Dr. Oswald Bennet Chief of Robotics: Sometimes called a genius, almost always called old and crazy. His breakthroughs in technology fuel the world, but his name is unknown to all.
- Head of Medicine – Dr. Lacey Smith: A short, rotund woman. Darker skin, even darker hair, and always jovial.
- Public Relations Director – Penelope Rivera: A native to the island, she knows the people and culture well and handles all relations with them. Young and pretty, she is definitively the face of the corporation.
- Section II Agent – Isolde Klaus: Not much to say about Isolde. She’s quiet, keeps to herself, and does her job well. Black seems to be her favourite colour, it is all she wears and it matches her hair.
- Technician – Charles Harriss: If Charles was older he could be mistaken for a mall Santa. Big, bearded, always laughing and eating, but a whiz with computers and electronics.
- Driver/Gardener – Felipe Goncalves: Felipe barely speaks English, a native of Brazil. But he’s an expert driver, and very discreet.
- Maid – PAM: Personal Automated Maid: PAM is the housekeeper of the villa the pilots live in. She is a fully automated robot linked back to the NERV servers, and one of the most advanced robots currently in the world.
- Bridge Bunny – Amanda Warren: Amanda is a raven haired, pale faced girl with large glasses. Quiet, nerdy, loves Fantasy and Sci-fi.
- Bridge Bunny – Natalie O'Hare: Natalie is a red haired, freckled Irish girl that works alongside Amanda. More of an outdoorsy girl than Amanda, she’s into surfing, hunting and sunbathing.
- Principal – Jennifer Shakleford: And older woman in her late 50s. Grey hair, suit dress, but caring down to the core. She really just wants what is best for her kids and remembers that good old school discipline works. Screw all the new age babying crap.
- Phys Ed Teacher – Jon Jones: Tall, bald, not in the least bit fit, and usually covered in sweat. He blows a whistle more than he walks, and is a huge fan of dodgeball.
- Teacher of Movie Studies – Teresa Hibbs: She could pass as an old styled librarian. Buttoned up shirt with a long dress, large curly hair and glasses. But she loves current media and everything about it.
- Art Teacher – Christine Galindo: Middles aged woman, somewhat of a typical teacher. Blonde, slightly greying hair, divorced, drinks at her desk when no one is watching.
- Science Teacher – Edward Woodward: Edward was a lead physicist for the government at one time, but now teaches at a high school in Hawaii. Some people think it’s half retirement for him, others say he was pushed out of his old job forcefully and the reason covered up.
|Picture / Name||Description||Picture / Name||Description|
|Iris is the popular preppy girl of the school. It’s hard to fault her in any way other than maybe being too nice and naïve. Always willing to help, volunteering for elderly homes and animal shelters, organizing school events, etc. Brown haired, thin, pretty and smart, she’s a force to be reckoned with in the future.||A complete nerd when it comes to anime and manga. He's usually the joke of some school joke or bully. Wears circle glasses, has long black hair pulled into a ponytail.|
|Tilde is a tanned, athletic, pretty young girl. She is the star athlete of the girls track team, has a keen interest in biology and one of the ‘cool’ kids. She has dark auburn hair in pigtails, bright brown doe eyes and a smirk with dimples.||Callum can be seen most times napping in school or on the bus. Despite this he never seems to be failing any classes. He’s a bit larger, wears baggy clothes, dirty blonde matte of hair.|
|Ashley is a thin waif of a girl, pale, freckled, ginger hair. She’s moved here from overseas after being enrolled in the school, her family come with her. She’s a bit of a tomboy, loves getting dirty and messy.||Hangs out with Rhys a lot. He’s a bit more rounded than Rhys, tends to use his size to bully people. Has a messy mop of brown hair, brown eyes, usually scabs all over his knuckles from punching things.|
|Black hair dyed with pink and red tips, shaved on the sides, several visible piercings and tattoos. They’re trying to break her of a smoking problem and she steals booze. Yet somehow she was still selected for transfer to this private school.||A strong young boy from Nigeria. He was taken from slums where he lived, scrounging off the street. While he has some setbacks in his learning, he shows a high aptitude for it.|
|Seo-yun was looking forward to having an aspiring career as a cosplay idol back home, but her family sent her off to Hawaii to break her from her ways. Petite yet somehow curvy with a bubbly personality.||Not quite a jock, not quite a nerd. Smart but fit, grew up in Toronto to a wealthy family of lawyers. He’s loving the weather and life in Hawaii, but his ego seems to be a bit of a problem.|
|Born wrestling crocodiles, surfing waves and soaking up the sun. Bronzed skin, dark curly brown hair, shining blue eyes and a smile to match.||His parents died in the disasters after the Second Impact. He hates anything to do with the conspiracies around the giant creatures and cover ups. He lives with foster parents and tends to rebel against them and school. He has short, black and red spiked hair, a few piercings, tends to carry around a skateboard.|
|Transfer student from Japan. Her English isn’t terrible, but it is heavily accented. Still better than both her parents’ who barely understand a word and no one knows how they managed to immigrate here. Round face, black hair and a spattering of freckles behind large round glasses. She’s very excited about being in Hawaii and wants to be a marine biologist.|
Base Technology and Defenses
VTOLS: Vertical Takeoff and Landing Vehicle (VTOL)
- Episode One: School
- Episode Two: Getting Their Feet Wet
- Episode Three: Surf and Turf
- Episode Four: Training Begins
- Episode Five: Manu War
- Episded Six: Celebration!
- Episode Seven: Boars and Girls
- Episode Eight: Aquarium Trip
- Episode Nine: Korean Crab Cakes